The Dieting Rollercoaster is a really common phenomenon. It’s a term I describe to when people dedicate a large chunk of their life to 12 week challenges, diets or detoxes – and then they experience a heartbreaking rebound when they realise that the effort it took to maintain the results just wasn’t sustainable.
Somebody reached out to me recently and said “Bianca, I did everything I was supposed to do. I counted my calories, I smashed myself 6 days in the gym. I got these great results and awesome before and after photos. But…. 6 months down the track I couldn’t stop myself bingeing, I had no will power to go back to the gym ( I hated the gym) and suddenly I found myself back to square one.”
I’ve said it before and I”ll say it again –
If you want different results to what you’ve always gotten – you need to do things differently to the way you’ve always done them.
FB LIVE VERSION
So first of all let’s spell out exactly what Dieting is
The Nature Of Dieting
- Starting a particular habit with the view to stopping it sometime in the near future.
- Stopping a particular habit with the view to starting it again
- Creating a massive overhaul of your life all at once.
- Viewing food as either “good” or “bad”
- Taking extremist approach to food ( like throwing out everything “bad” in your cupboard) and not trusting your ability to eat “everything in moderation”
- Restriction, Deprivation or any radical change in your lifestyle or habits
- Hiding away from social events and temptation (because you don’t trust yourself)
- Ignores the innate healing power of your body (it’s often about trying to “trick” or “punish” your body)
- Requires a lot of mental concentration and will power
- Need to go on a maintenance program in order for it to last
So then the opposite of dieting, that also WORKS would be…
- Not a stop start – it would be about something that you just build into your lifestyle
- It would help you tap into the innate healing power of your body – because you have a better relationship with your body you eat intuitively and it can heal you unconsciously in the background (like recovering from a broken ankle, or growing a baby)
- Have everything in moderation
- Never feeling deprived, and yet never needing to over indulge
- Eating nourishing foods in amounts that honour your body.
- No need for a maintenance program because it’s just an ingrained part of your life
As a little snap shot the way to NOT DIET and yet still get results is about …
1. Staying PRESENT when you eat, instead of trying to be PERFECT when you eat.
Eating mindfully, and knowing the goal that you are going towards (as opposed to only eating healthy because you are afraid of staying fat) is a very powerful way to create results. Just stopping and asking yourself “Is this choice taking me closer to … or further away from my goals”.
2. Creating ONE small habit to focus on each fortnight instead of a MASSIVE overhaul of your whole lifestyle all at once.
3. Staying consistent and being held accountable by a supportive friend, coach or mentor
4. It’s about giving you solid nutritional advice delivered simply and NOT about fads, complicated menu plans, and overwhelming cook ups.
5. It’s about helping you break down the cycle of being ON a diet or OFF a diet, and discover what it’s like just to make gradual progress towards your goal.
My Healthy, Fit & Free 12 Month Mindset & Nutritional Program is all about not dieting and helping you …..
Together we’ll bust through the mind junk and stay focused on what’s most important to you
I will help you unleash the best version of yourself that you could possibly imagine and stay committed to that vision.
Because this is the key to staying consistent and finally achieving the health and vitality you’ve always dreamed of!
I’ve filled all the spaces in this March 6 intake – but I’ve decided it’s just too good of an opportunity to pass up, so I’ve stretched myself by opening up another 2 spaces for the next 48 hours.
There’s an incredible deal running out today, so if you’re sitting on the fence, and would like to have a chat to me about it – express your interest by entering your details on the page here.